Rhodes 2016

So as most of you know, I recently spent a couple of weeks in Rhodes, Greece. I had an absolutely fantastic time; I can't wait to go again next year. I thought I'd share some pictures of my time there.

The bay of Lindos, seen from the Acropolis, a 5 minute drive from where we stayed in Pefkos.

The Acropolis


The hot, hot sun shining on me at the Acropolis


We saw a snake, right outside our hotel - the first wild one any of us had seen in person (they're not so common here in England)

We couldn't let the trip go by without a visit to the Crepe House! That's my lovely sister Katie in the picture.

Rhodes Old Town






My sister (right) and I in front of a fountain in Rhodes Old Town

Here are a couple of pictures taken from a boat off the coast of Rhodes Town.




Here are a few photos taken from our day trip to the other side of the island, where we visited Butterfly Valley and the ancient city of Kamiros:

It's much greener on the other side of Rhodes island, and a little cooler.

We found this gorgeous kitten at one of our stops while we were on a coach tour; he/she got a lot of attention! 

You can see a couple of the islands surrounding Rhodes in the distance.




 This is the ancient city of Kamiros, abandoned a long time ago after an earthquake, all that's left now are ruins:








And now for Butterfly Valley, I've never seen so many butterflies all in one place:









Here's one of the crabs at Butterfly Valley, the butterfly's main predator.




These are just a few of the pictures I took whilst I was in Rhodes, hope you've enjoyed seeing them!

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing! Looks like you had a fun adventure.
    That really is a lot of butterflies in one place.
    Didn't realize England doesn't have a lot of snakes. I've probably seen a hundred or more in the wild in my lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic photos. I love that sense of history hitting you in the face. It sounds just my kind of place :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it looks really beautiful. And I'm sure you had a fantastic time there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What incredible pics! How exciting to spend two weeks in Greece! I was lucky to spend a week there MANY years ago, but it looks the same. What I remember most was how clear the sapphire blue water was and the ZILLIONS of stars in the indigo blue sky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what amazing pictures!!! Just beautiful. Rhodes is clearly a spectacular place!!!
    Thanks for sharing and I'm glad you had such a great trip. Cute picture of you and your sister together! It's obvious you're having a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! First, you and your sister are adorable! The snake, not so much. But the Acropolis and the ruins were amazing. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful photos! Glad you had such a lovely time. The photo of you and your sister is really nice. I especially love all the butterflies, the tiny waterfall, and the ruins. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!