July Book Round-Up

I didn't read as much books as I wanted to this month - only 4 out of 6. I figure this is OK though, since one of those books was over 700 pages long. In July I read the following books:


I really enjoyed the plot of this book, the only problem was some parts dragged on so much. There was a lot of unnecessary description. Other than that, the story was pretty good. 


I loved this book - I need to get my hands on anything else written by Rainbow Rowell. The only problem is, I really wish the Simon Snow series was real, because this book made me really want to read it! 


Another book that I loved. It took a while to get used to the writing style, and the way the novel is set out, but I loved how the two characters' lives entwined, and I loved the ending. 


This was a little disappointing - I was hoping for a better ending to the series. I didn't really like the addition of the new characters in the book. I can see why they are there, but I found myself wanting to skip their sections to get back to the characters that I cared about. That said, it was a good ending to the series, and it wrapped up nicely. 



In August, I want to read the following books: 







Hopefully I'll get more reading done this month. 


Comments

  1. I had similar difficulty with Stormdancer - it took a while for me to get into it but once I got stuck in the pace quickened enough later on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been on a retro kick all summer, so, I've read a lot of books, I haven't any current ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You read a 700 page book in July, plus others? Holy cow! That 700 page book would've taken me the whole month to read! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep seeing Fangirl around and I'm going to have to pick it up at some point. I've got Will Grayson, Will Grayson on my bookshelf to read at some point.

    Have you read The Book Thief before? If not, you're in for a treat. It's so beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!