What's Up Wednesday

What’s Up Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Erin L Funk and Jaime Morrow, and the idea is to let other bloggers know where you are with any writing and reading goals you may have.



1. What I'm reading

I'm currently reading City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare - it's the fourth in the Mortal Instruments series, and it's been on my bookshelf for about a year now. I can't believe I've waited so long to read it, it's so good! It won't take me long to finish it.

2. What I'm writing

A to Z posts! I've finished all of my research, so now I'm on to writing the actual posts. Not long now! I'm hoping to get started on my revisions for my nano novel too, and hopefully some short story planning.

3. What else I've been up to

I went out for a meal last night with my family for both my birthday (tomorrow) and my mum's (today). It was nice to see my brother and his girlfriend, who I don't see very often. I'm off work now until next Thursday, so I've mostly spent the last couple of days relaxing and enjoying the time off. I'm going to York tomorrow, which I'm really excited about.

4. What inspires me right now

Sunshine, time off work, and my birthday! 

Comments

  1. Happy birthday to your mother and to you tomorrow!
    Good stuff on writing your Challenge posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Mortal Instruments series - I can't wait for the final book! Hope you have a great birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Laura! First, a song: Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you!! Happy Birthday dear Lauraaa!!! Happy Birthday to youuu!!!! :)

    Nice to see a fellow A to Z Challenge participant. Good luck finishing your posts! I kept mine really short this year so they're already scheduled. My theme is The Writer's Inspiration, and there's a prize package at the end of the month, woohoo! :)

    Hope you have a wonderful birthday!

    Happy reading and writing! from Laura Marcella @ Wavy Lines

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh cool, I get to wish you a happy birthday BEFORE the big day! It seems lately I've only been hearing about people's birthdays after the fact. So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURA! :D I hope you have an awesome time in York (I know you will).

    I'm still working on my A-to-Z posts, but I'm hoping to have them all written and ready to go by the end of the month. I look forward to seeing the fruit of your research! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! Thanks for the reminder, I still need to finish my A to Z posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a brilliant birthday in York!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sunshine is always inspiring! I'm so happy that our snow is finally melting and we're getting some temperatures in the pluses!
    Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Both . . . . . . . The sun has been rather nice over the last couple of days and I am hoping for a great spring this year, the weather machine (Mk4) has it all programmed in so I am very optimistic .. . ... . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! (I'm not sure if it's tomorrow yet where you live, but I suspect it's just about that time.) Hope it's a great day all around. I still need to get caught up on the Mortal Instruments series. I started rereading them so I could continue on in the series, but got sidetracked. I'll have to get back to it soon. Have a great week, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you're enjoying CITY OF FALLEN ANGELS. I'm caught up on the series, so I'm looking forward to the next book (whenever it comes out). Hope you have an awesome birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday!!! Good luck with your revisions. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday! Is that series any good? It seems to be fairly popular.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a superb birthday. I've been to York (once) and it's a lovely place.

    Have a great weekend!
    shahwharton.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking forward to your A - Z posts. Happy birthday to you and your mum!


    MJ, A to Z Challenge Co-Host
    Writing Tips
    Effectively Human
    Lots of Crochet Stitches


    ReplyDelete
  15. It's so great that you're writing your posts now- I really gotta get on that myself!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!