Goals for September

I didn't have many goals in August because I knew most of the month would be spent on my dissertation, and I was right! I didn't get anywhere near as much reading done as I'd hoped. My goals for August were to:

- Finish my dissertation short stories - Done. I've actually done a lot more than I had expected to by this point - there are only a couple more last minute things to do, and then the whole thing will be ready to hand in. It's not due until the 12th, so I have plenty of time, but I'm eager to get it finished and sent off so I don't have to worry about it any more!

- Read 5 more books - I failed miserably with this goal, I only read one book in August. I don't mind, though, since I would rather have spent my time on my dissertation than reading anyway. 

Here are my goals for September:

- Hand in my dissertation - Like I said above, it's very nearly done now, so I shouldn't have a problem with this one. I only have a few last minute touches, and then I need to get it bound, then I can hand it in. 

- Read 4 books - I'll have more time to read once my dissertation's been handed in, so I should be able to do this. I'm also on holiday for a week at the end of the month, so I should get a lot more reading done. 

- Get started on NaNoWriMo prep - I've decided to participate in November's NaNoWriMo, and it'll be the first one I've participated in - I've only done Camp NaNoWriMo's so far. I'm looking forward to being able to write something for me again, rather than writing for university assignments. I have loads of story ideas in my head waiting to be written, but I've pretty much decided on the one I'll use this November. 

Comments

  1. Good luck with this months goals, and well done on nearly finishing that dissertation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, don't worry about the books - your dissertation is done, and that's much more important.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have dissertations so I have no excuse for not reading more. Especially since I haven't been writing any more than I have. Still not decided as to whether or not I'll do NaNo this year.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the dissertation and trust me you're not the only one behind in the reading department.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Alex...your dissertation much more important than the reading goal. I didn't get much read last month, and I have good reason for it.

    Best of luck with your September goals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Most important right now in my opinion is the dissertation so keep going with that Laura, you're closing in on finishing it which is just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dissertation being done will be such a relief I'm sure. And definitely make those other goals easier!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Count me in on the consensus that progressing on your dissertation is a big WHOO-HOO to you! Good luck with NaNoWriMo, I'm sure you're going to rock that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on finishing your dissertation. That is HUGE!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations- and you'll love NaNoWriMo- I do it every year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Onwards and upwards . . . . You are doing well Miss Laura.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!