ISWG - March

Time for this month's ISWG post, hosted, of course, by Alex J. Cavanaugh.


I'm feeling quite confident in my writing right now - the only problem is I'm having trouble with getting the time to write, but that should be rectified in the next couple of days.

I've got an assignment due in next Wednesday that I had hoped I'd have nearly finished by now, but unfortunately life keeps getting in the way! Every time I set aside a day to work on it, something comes up (usually getting called into work) and then I don't get any work done. However, I have a full day on Thursday where I'll be alone in the house, so I should get a lot of work done, since I work best when I'm alone (less distractions!). Hopefully, I'll get it finished then; there are two games coming out on Friday, and I won't be able to play them unless my assignment is finished!

My next assignment (due in on the 24th April) is pretty big; I have to create a professional pamphlet and publish it as an e-book, as well as have printed copies to hand in. I'm really excited about this, since I've decided to do mine on Greek Mythology, and I'm really enjoying doing the writing for it. I also have an idea for the front cover, which is great for me since artwork is not really my thing! (Someone else is going to do the actual artwork, obviously).

My only insecurity is the lack of time I have to dedicate to these assignments. I have to do 30 hours at work every week to be able to pay all of my bills, so I have to work around that, university, and my social life, so it's hard to find the time to write. But I just need to manage my time more effectively; there have been a lot of days recently where I would have had the time to fit some writing in, if only I'd managed the day better.

Comments

  1. There never seem enough hours in a day when you have a deadline to write. Hope all goes well for you now.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi-- I followed your link from IWSG. :) Yes time and those dreaded deadlines are like split-personalities for me. On one hand they keep me, by necessity, moving forward. On the other hand, they loom over me, sometimes overwhelming me. Sounds like you have some great projects in the works, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain, as do a lot of writers. When I get too busy with other things, I try to remember that living and doing helps with writing. Time constraints also remind me to be grateful for the moments when I do get to live in fiction. Good luck finding the time to write!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time, the master or the servant. THey say it is all matter of getting organized but sometimes we just wish for days with 30 hours in them or Harry Potter's magic wand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can always find time....just cut back on your sleep :)

    Seriously, though, if that's your biggest hurdle, you're doing great! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time seems to be the largest problem with nearly every blog I have visited! Me too!! There is always something that pops up and is more important than our writing! I am learning, and so much to learn....I try to read everyday something someone wrote to help me along with my own journey. Yours was very helpful as well! sandysanderellasmusings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finding time to write is my biggest obstacle. If it's not my kids, it's homeschooling, work, mom/wife/friend, driving children to ballet and school activities and puzzles and coloring and teaching my three year old to write... and the irony is not lost on me.
    We just have to learn to write in snippets, I guess. We can't wait around for that empty Saturday afternoon because it never happens, and when it does--gues what? I don't "feel" like writing.
    Bah. We can do it. Baby steps, sister.
    ~Just Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. It would be great to be able to grab a few extra hours, especially for writing. Hope you get loads done when you have the house to yourself. I work best when I'm left alone for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best of luck with the writing Laura, I know how busy you can get and that you sometimes have no time to really write but hopefully you get some done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with your projects! Finding time to write can be hard and I usually work it in on nights and Saturdays afternoons are devoted to writing. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sure the majority of us feel your pain when it comes to scheduling and having time to do the creative things in our lives that we love. Life - that's making a living - just gets in the way!

    But, I have faith that you'll find the time and push through with the project.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hang in there! It's almost spring break and then summer is right around the corner. You can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Working and going to school is tough! Hope you finished your assignment today and good luck with the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sounds like a fun assignment, much better than the business assignments I had to do. But I understand the lack of time with full time school and working. You'll find the time somewhere! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know this feeling; I seem to have less and less time to write and then, when I do get an hour to myself, I spend half of it surfing the web! I am terrible at time management (and self discipline), they really should do classes in it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dropping in from A to Z. Found this Insecure Writer's group. How awesome! And yes, life does seem to always get in the way. When I have the time, my brain won't let me write. When I don't have the time, my brain won't shut up.

    This is my first year with the A to Z challenge. I'm also taking part in the Reveal on the 21st. I'm trying to share some positivity with my #WriteMotivation friends on Twitter (and to help keep me positive in the process)
    Hope to see you around.
    Jamie Dement (LadyJai)
    http://writebackwards.we3dements.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!